Today we’d like to introduce you to Abhishek Srivastava, Misha and Michael Garafalo.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Misha, Michael, Abhishek. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
MISHA: After a 2008 layoff during the Great Recession, my career faced a reinvention option which allowed an opportunity for me to take a complete and uninterrupted chance at being self-employed full-time.
Initially, sights were set on the Concierge market, as I could empathize with the need from my past corporate life – Unfortunately, the Recession also brought a lot of financial uncertainty, leading to mass frugality in personal service sectors.
Yet, a silver lining emerged in the consistent and strong pull factors to pivot my business model to a full-fledged logistics outfit, so I stopped resisting the market’s demand, held my breath and dove in.
With the eventual integration of my amazing partner, along with his unconditional support and decades of trucking wisdom, I was able to confidently pursue establishing a bona fide operating authority.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
MISHA: Although one of the biggest challenges has been learning the administrative, operational and regulatory mandates, its part and parcel of the dynamic supply chain management, so there were no big surprises about having to do my homework.
Also, it’s no big secret that the transportation industry can be extremely competitive and complex, with figurative and literal obstacles testing one’s ability to hunker down and hang on, some days with a death grip….lol
Yet, in hindsight, after nearly seven years, I can honestly say the road can be as smooth as you allow through careful preparation, timely mitigation/reparation and effective management, as I can recall so many moments where needless mistakes were made when these simple processes were not applied.
Lastly, if the road is closed, there may be detours for alternate routes, so don’t give up so easily and/or become discouraged…Eventually, you’ll arrive at your destination if you are dedicated and serious about successfully completing the trip.
Handle My Task – what should we know? What do you guys do best? What sets you apart from the competition?
HMT is a licensed, bonded and insured USDOT interstate common carrier and TSA-approved IAC specializing in air cargo, courier, delivery and general freight trucking within Illinois, as well as to Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin.
We are known for affordable, professional and reliable, dedicated and expedited / hot shot logistics, and are most proud of supporting hundreds of commercial and small business clients (including publicly-traded corporations) exploring cost-effective and customized solutions for successful shipping and receiving services, or compliments to existing supply chain infrastructures.
Additionally, clients set us apart from others based upon our unique one-stop shop of diversified, on-demand transportation services.
Lastly, with the addition of our CFO and Managing Director, Abhishek Srivastava, HMT is preparing to explore global supply chain by establishing our first international hub in New Delhi, India.
What moment in your career do you look back most fondly on?
MISHA: I can actually fondly recall three:
1. Having people constantly question whether HMT is a franchise…then seeing their shocked expressions when I tell them I designed and developed everything on my own from a scratch concept.
2. Getting one of my first publicly-traded corporate clients, then realizing afterwards it was a lead from the pavement pounding and door knocking I initially thought might be a waste of time, and wouldn’t make it past the receptionist’s waste basket.
3. Driving my first regional long haul on my own from Illinois to Kentucky and back in a 26′ straight truck – There were narrow and dark roads to maneuver, as well as backing into and parking around tight delivery locations during the day and night…and I am elated to report that while my heart was stuck in my throat the entire time, there were no accidents, damage, or injuries! 🙂
- Rates Start At $60.00
- Website: http://www.handlemytask.com
- Phone: 800.918.8275 (TASK)
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/handlemytask
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/handlemytask
- Other: https://www.linkedin.com/company/handle-my-task
Handle My Task, Inc