Connect
To Top

Meet Rachael Turner of Rosemint Media in South Suburbs

Today we’d like to introduce you to Rachael Turner.

Thanks for sharing your story with us Rachael. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
After spending seven years in management in corporate America, with prayer and a focus on my skill-set and interests, I decided to take the leap into entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship had always been something in me and was the clear answer to creating a life that allowed for more flexibility with my future family in mind. In 2013, Rosemint Inc. was born and I began building a company focused on events and providing an elevated client experience. In three years Rosemint Events of Rosemint Inc. helped plan and/or coordinate over 25 weddings. As a solo-preneur, I also created custom invitations and other designed items for clients in addition to handling my own marketing. Other entrepreneurs began contacting me for guidance after viewing the success of my Instagram account (over 10,000 engaged followers) and my focus began shifting from just events to also incorporating marketing and digital media management. Rosemint Media was then established and has become the vehicle for corporate consults and coaching, marketing for small to medium business, and workshops.

In September 2018, I became a mother and experienced severe complications after giving birth. As an entrepreneur, I had to fund my own maternity leave via savings, but also had less pressure to rush back to work. I had the flexibility to ease back into things and now I am able to switch between business owner and mom throughout the day when I work from home.

Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
The road has not always been smooth. I did experience great success in the beginning due to prayer and taking the time to lay a strong foundation, but I still managed to get in my own way. I learned to allow supportive friends and family to help in crunch times where I would usually run myself ragged. Eventually, a team formed where I had multiple options for experienced and professional help during events. I also began building on a mandatory rest day for myself on the day after weddings. My parents are examples of and always reinforced having a strong work ethic and I knew that it would be impossible for me not to go above and beyond for events. Having a trusted team and being able to collaborate on ideas for marketing were complete game changers.

Alright – so let’s talk business. Tell us about Rosemint Media – what should we know?
Rosemint Media is a digital media management and consulting company. The top services offered include management of digital media accounts and individual and team business & marketing consulting. Custom design work and business planning is also available. The Digital Design Shop has recently launched. Clients can now begin the process of purchasing designed items online. There are also special design packages created with podcasters, authors, and speakers in mind.

I am most proud of the fact the Rosemint Media does not compromise on integrity. We are also very transparent with clients and believe in combining researched information with fresh ideas.

The highest compliment received is that working with us feels like a divine connection. Prayer is a major part of the success of Rosemint Media and there have been pivotal moments in business that are a reflection of that.

Any shoutouts? Who else deserves credit in this story – who has played a meaningful role?
Current and former clients have played a major role in the success of the business by sharing their experience with Rosemint Media to others. 80% of business is due to referrals/word of mouth. The other 20% can be attributed to the great tools of the internet such as SEO and audience reach.

My parents have been invaluable. My mom has spent countless hours doing things such as folding custom invitations and helping on-site with events. My father is always an excellent sounding board when I have business questions or I am considering a new direction.

Pricing:

  • Coaching/Consulting (Custom packages available) – begins at $75/hour
  • Digital Media Management and Design (Custom packages available) – monthly rate varies
  • Available for workshops and conferences – please contact

Contact Info:

Getting in touch: VoyageChicago is built on recommendations from the community; it’s how we uncover hidden gems, so if you know someone who deserves recognition please let us know here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in