Today we’d like to introduce you to Rev Pam Magnuson.
Rev Pam, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
I have been marrying people and performing commitment ceremonies for over 30 years, but in 2011 I started performing wedding in my home (Pine Manor Chicago) and hosting the receptions. It’s perfect. I am located in a romantic 1920s manor, perfect for 30 guests. It has a private suite for bridal prep, and parlor with wood burning fireplace for year round ceremonies and amazing summer garden for ceremonies and receptions, weather permitting. It allows me to provide a charming atmosphere for all couples wishing to tie the knot; i.e. LGBTQ, interracial, mixed religion, second marriages, Muslim and pagan paths. I have prepared all-inclusive ChicagoWeddingPackages.com with my preferred vendor list to provide an amazing wedding experience at a more than reasonable cost, I also plan and I am licensed to preform weddings anywhere within a five state area. My website WeddingDayNinja.com has information on wedding coordination at the couple’s location as well.
We’re always bombarded by how great it is to pursue your passion, etc – but we’ve spoken with enough people to know that it’s not always easy. Overall, would you say things have been easy for you?
Smooth road – hard to say. I provide a safe and loving environment to a diverse range of couples especially couples with children, non-Christian and the LGBT communities. In 2014 when same sex marriage became law in Illinois, I was asked to be one of five officiants to marry some of the first LGBT couple’s in Illinois at the MCA event for marriage equality. Fox TV broadcast their entire morning show from my home, and I was proudly featured on NBC radio. My ministry is to reach out to the couple who, for various reasons, don’t want to or can’t get married in a Christian church. This most often comes with challenges helping the couple to deal with family and friends who don’t always support the union, which is why I also provide practical premarital counseling from a non-Christian (no dogma) prospective, and often stay in contact with the couple as they create their new lives and family together. It’s an honor to provide these services… and I know because of this, I am able to serve lovebirds who otherwise would end up in a courthouse ceremony. This is why I write personal ceremonies, with original rituals to help blend their backgrounds, faiths and families.
So, as you know, we’re impressed with Pine Manor Chicago – tell our readers more, for example what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
To begin with, I am the only wedding officiant in the state of Illinois (as far as I know) who is approved to perform weddings in her home. The city of Mount Prospect has been really supportive that way. I provide a safe haven for couples who really want a romantic small and personal event. My ceremonies are all custom written for the couple, helping to create an even stronger bond during the ceremony. I marry about 150 couples every year and each of those require personalized serves. No cookie cutter officiation here – I often incorporate their children, family and friends. With such an intimate guest list, it allows me to create a memorable wedding event that touches everyone’s heart. Plus, when most wedding officiants charge to come to you, my prices already include the venue, summer garden setting and multiple additional amenities that cannot be found at any other place. I am available 7 days a week from 8-8pm every day, even most holidays – so it allows couples a scheduling opportunity not available from other officiants. Many couples plan a year or more in advance, but then again – I book last minute ceremonies within days of their call that include wedding cake and photos, or a live violinist. My prices are what really set me apart, starting with elopement packages at $225 which is much less than most officiant’s price just to come to you. I must be doing something right – because I see copycat venues using my name, and ideas – but no one matches the price and the 5 star experience you get from Pine Manor Chicago.
So, what’s next? Any big plans?
I have been asked to put my premarital counseling into an online class format which I will be launching later this fall in 2017. This will only accentuate convenience for couple’s enabling them to take the class on line at their own convenience. This is part of my mission, making myself and said services available to everyone on their schedule. http://interfaithmarriageprep.com/
In addition to the small weddings and intimate elopements I perform and host at Pine Manor, I have pre-planned large wedding packages with my partner hotel, Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village that are all-inclusive up to 300 guests.
- BestValueWedding.com is my most popular wedding package, which starts at $810 for the couple and 6 guests. $935 for 12 guests.
- Digital wedding invitation to send guests
- 2 Hours at Pine Manor Chicago with 1/2 hour dressing room time for bride
- Custom written wedding ceremony and wedding officiant services
- Bridal bouquet and matching boutonniere – Included! lovebird’s custom order.
- Music, white carpet and decorations, and garden ceremony location weather permitting
- Chairs, bubble favors, lemonade and hot beverage station for guests
- Personalized certificate of commitment hand calligraphy keepsake and managing the legal filing of the wedding license
- Photography! YES! included. Rev Pam’s photo session with the couple and their guests, plus personal bridal portrait and couples session
- Downloadable gallery of wedding photos Plus a “Just Married” announcemnt photo with couple’s name and date
- House wine toast with guests, using Pine Manor glassware
- Delicious wedding cake to share with guests ( plus the cake cutting / feeding photos ) served on beautiful antique dishware
- 1920s charm and suburban hospitality – Rev Pam’s 5 star service!
- Address: 401 South Pine Street
located in the NW Suburbs of Chicago
Just minutes from Ohare airport, rivers casino and arlington park in
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
- Website: http://pinemanorchicago.com
- Phone: 847-873-7463
- Email: MarryMe@PineManorChicago.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PineManorChicago/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PineManorSayIDo
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/il-wedding-officiant-chicago-2
- Other: http://www.ChicagoWeddingPackages.com/
Ian William and Joseph Z Cieniewicz