Today we’d like to introduce you To Nadia Jeliazkova, Stanislav Stanimirov and Valentina Limov.
Valentina, Stanislav and Nadia, let’s start with your story. We’d love to hear how you got started and how the journey has been so far.
It all began with a desire to live healthier, more fulfilling life and to share with one another knowledge and experience. It all began with friendship, trust, hard work and love.
We are all born in Bulgaria – a beautiful, ancient (founded in the 7th century) country in Europe. A country with rich history and culture , birthplace of Cyrillic Alphabet. We held a deep love to our heritage and a duty to the next generation to know and to value the language, the folklore and the spirit. At the same time we deeply appreciated and loved the opportunity our new home – the United States of America generously offered us: the freedom to follow our hearts. We had it all in our hands and without any hesitation, we jumped into the journey of our dreams: To have a place here, a piece of Bulgaria, where everyone could feel its beauty; to learn, to share, to gather … to celebrate diversity and love more. The name of the place is inspired by well known old cave in Bulgaria with prehistoric wall paintings which are of exceptional expression and artistic depth and are considered the most significant works of art of the European Post – Paleolithic era, 15 million years ago.
We are part of a very active Bulgarian community, biggest one abroad called by some “The little Bulgaria”. The community is proud of its twelve Bulgarian Sunday schools, own TV station, a few newspapers, restaurants, stores and countless community activists, artists, organizations and professionals.
On August 2015 Magura opened doors and accustomed anybody from the Bulgarian and the local community to participate in various activities.
Two years afer we add in our portfolio 42 events: classes, workshops, gatherings, such as: Bulgarian language class, Bulgarian folk dance and Taekwondo to: art, dance, gong meditations , yoga, culinary competitions, lectures, seminars and off site celebrations and road trips. Our goal was to gather and inspire our community to enrich their lives.
In June we moved to a new and bigger location We are expanding our weekly classes and programs ,turning to daily functioning community center.
Has it been a smooth road? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
- The biggest challenge was financing – we had to rely on our own investment to renovate the space; the classes hardly covered the expenses, however at the end of the first year we broke even which was a success
- It became our full time job besides our other full time jobs. Little to no time for family sleepless nights and long meetings,
- We had to learn how to do it all: renovation, accounting, management, advertising to fit the budget … but together we made it and in the process we became experts in all areas. Big help were all the volunteers and people who believe in us and the mission to stay, work, create together and enrich each other.
Tell us about your business/company. What do you do, what do you specialize in, what are you known for, etc. What are you most proud of as a company? What sets you apart from others?
In team work with our partners we are able to run:
Weekly classes, monthly based programs, workshops, free cultural events and celebration, small Bulgarian library and others on site such as:
- Bulgarian and English classes
- Traditional Bulgarian folk dance for kids and adults
- Art classes
- Crafts classes
- Gong meditation
- Paint nights
- Social dance nights
- Hip hop classes
- Dance classes
- Kids acting classes
- Bollygrove dance/fitness class
- Art exhibitions
- Birthday celebrations
- Bulgarian library
- Renting out the studio for events
Offsite we do
- road trips
- presenting Bulgarian plays in Chicago suburbs
Magura does the logistics of each event or class
- interviewing professionals such as teachers, instructors, coaches, speakers
- business plan and coordination
- advertisement in our own website, Facebook and newspapers
- help and support our partners with their programs
Logistics of events
What are you known for:
- offering a huge variety of classes and events for all ages and all tastes;
- arena for dreamers; professionals
- positive, friendly spirit and attitude
- great team and management
What are you most proud of as a company?
• Togetherness and diversity: within the Bulgarian and local community. We value all people and all nations.
• Being able to preserve, share and pass to the next generations
the Bulgarian language, culture and spirit
What sets you apart from others?
Assuming all have the same passion:
- Hard, hard, hard work and dedication
- Our team – our biggest asset.
- Focus on the bigger picture to Love, Bring people together and stay United
What do you like least about our city?
- Best: the opportunity it provides in all areas of life
- Least: waist time in traffic instead of walking and meeting people .
- The great distances: home – work – friends
- Hard not to mention – The winter
Is there any pricing information that is relevant to our readers?
If so, and if you would like us to share it, please include details (in bullet form) below.
- We offer free workshops, seminars or classes from time to time
- Classes prices vary from $10 to $80
- Birthday packages $100 – $300
- Rental prices range for the facility $15 – $150
- Modern industrial style
- Small room
- Big room
- Small cozy patio
- Audio, 75’ screen and video system available
- Whole facility
- Free parking space
- Close to all Northwestern Suburbs and major highways
- Address: 415 W. Golf Rd.,
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
- Website: magurabcs.com
- Phone: 1.224.800.1538
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: @Magura BCS