Today we’d like to introduce you to Mila Aron.
Mila, can you briefly walk us through your story – how you started and how you got to where you are today.
I was always into creativity and loved the arts so much. I really started to practice my craft once my oldest son was born by scrapbooking his memories, I always loved to tell stories through imagery. I believed that capturing real emotion is so important for memory keeping, I didn’t want the cheesy and overly posed looks from my little one, but I wanted to look back at these memories ten years from the time and be able to see the way he really was at this age. I had a point and shoot camera at the time and it just wasn’t doing what I wanted it to do, I had a certain look and feel I wanted the image to be (I had a look in my head of what they should look like) 🙂 So, I got my first DSLR camera and that is when the magic started happening of me being able to design and create images that I had always imagined, I taught my self photoshop as well. This was all while being a mama and working in corporate America full time.
About four years ago, I started my business: Milamemories Photography, based out of Mundelein. When I first started my business as I mentioned, I was still working full time all while being a mommy, it was extremely hard, but I had a vision of the way I wanted my business to be and the way I wanted my life to be and worked so hard for that to happen. It was a slow process because I only worked on my business at nights or during my lunchtime at work (getting no sleep was a thing for me, but I wouldn’t give up no matter how hard it got). There were definitely people that thought I was crazy for giving up my corporate career, a stable paycheck of 13 years and going for my dreams, but I have never looked back. Two years ago, I quit my full-time job once I felt that my business was stable enough and opened my studio in Mundelein. I am so thankful that I looked beyond the fear and went for it. I am absolutely in love with my job.
Has it been a smooth road?
It hasn’t always been a smooth road, I had a lot of negativity around me about my business that I had to tune out. Some people thought that you can never make a career out of photography. I would always hear, but there are thousands of photographers out there “just like you.” You know what though, I just did me and what was in my heart because I knew that no one was me, no one else had what was in my heart and my vision. They had their own, we can all be successful if we just stay true to who we are.
So let’s switch gears a bit and go into the Milamemories Photography story. Tell us more about the business.
My specialty is photographing maternity, newborns, children, and families. I am known for capturing true emotion and working really well with kids. My goal is to tell a story and capture emotion through imagery. Each family has a story to tell, each child has their own personalities that need to be captured. I really take the time to work with each family, getting to know them, working on coordinating clothing together and intermingling my style and vision with the family’s vision.
I also have many maternity gowns, little girls dress as well as regular gowns for moms to choose from for their sessions if they choose to do so.
How do you think the industry will change over the next decade?
There are definitely big shifts coming to the photography industry. Technology is getting so much better and changing so quickly. I think that we will be seeing more and more photographers going to mirrorless cameras.
- Polar Express Mini Sessions are $215 – Included with that is a 30-minute custom styled session along with 5 digital images of your choice.
- Winter Wonderland Mini Sessions $215 – Included with that is a 30-minute custom styled session along with 5 digital images of your choice.
- Holiday Cozy Cabin Mini Sessions $215 – Included with that is a 30-minute custom styled session along with 5 digital images of your choice.
- Unicorn Mini Sessions $265 – Included with that is a 30-minute custom styled session along with 5 digital images of your choice.
- Fall Mini Sessions $215 – Included with that is a 30-minute custom styled session along with 5 digital images of your choice.
- Full Family Sessions $325 – Included with that is a 60-minute custom styled session along with 10 digital images of your choice.
- Address: 25671 Hillview Ct, Mundelein, IL 60060
- Website: milamemoriesphotography.com
- Phone: (847) 796-0463
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/milamemoriesphotography/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/milamemoriesphotography/
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/milamemories-photography-vernon-hills