Today we’d like to introduce you to Jason Hall.
Jason, let’s start with your story. We’d love to hear how you got started and how the journey has been so far.
RED 7 SALON was founded in 2002 by David Kafer, Master Stylist/Co-Owner, and Jason Hall, Managing Director/Co-Owner. Kafer/Hall began with 1 employee and a $30k loan from Accion Chicago (a small not-for-profit). They have grown, throughout the past 15 years, to become an award-winning, industry-leading, multi-million dollar brand with over 35 employees.
We’re always bombarded by how great it is to pursue your passion, etc – but we’ve spoken with enough people to know that it’s not always easy. Overall, would you say things have been easy for you?
Owning/managing/nurturing a small business is always a challenge in today’s world of immediacy and efficiency. It is difficult to continue to be relevant and consistent with your brand – particularly if you’ve established yourself as an award-winning, industry-leading, reputable company. You always have to top your last event, your last press mention, your last award. BUT…challenges are fun and makes life interesting/rewarding. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
So, as you know, we’re impressed with RED 7 SALON – tell our readers more, for example what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
As a widely respected industry leader, RED 7 SALON has been featured as “Best Chicago Hair” by Allure Magazine, a “TOP 100 U.S. SALON” by Elle Magazine, a “TOP 200 U.S. SALON” by Salon Today Magazine, as well as “BEST SALON/STYLIST” by Chicago Magazine.
RED 7 SALON has been seen on The Rachel Ray Show, NBC 5, ABC 7, & AOL’s Hot In My Salon. RED 7 SALON has been a contributor to Lucky, Allure, Elle, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Social, & Today’s Chicago Woman. RED 7 SALON has been the official hair salon for Macy’s “Glamourama”, the Lollapalooza Music Festival, Pitchfork Festival, as well as Mamby On the Beach Festival.
RED 7 SALON has worked with celebrities, such as: Michelle Williams, Marlee Matlin, America’s Next Top Model All-Stars, Perez Hilton, DEV, Ke$ha, Arcade Fire, Gretta Monahan, Young the Giant, Taylor Miller, The National, Mally Roncal, & Bryan Bickell – to name just a few. RED 7 SALON has worked with fashion companies, such as: Old Navy, EXPRESS, & Anna Fong.
So, what’s next? Any big plans?
Our plans for the future are…
* create a Chicago hair salon owner network (we have our first meeting next month 🙂
* continue to be a leading education center for the young professionals in the salon industry
* continue to give above-and-beyond service to our clients
* continue to be a leading business brand in the River North neighborhood
* continue to share the passion and challenges of small business entrepreneurship w/those looking to begin their journey through coaching/mentoring
- Address: 210 W. Kinzie St.
- Website: http://www.red7salon.com
- Phone: (312) 644-7337
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/red7salon/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RED7SALON
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RED7SALON
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/red-7-salon-chicago
- Other: https://www.pinterest.com/red7salon/